ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
othmar

ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data

Post by othmar »

I bought an adafruit ultimate gps in south BANNED for my project. when i got to BANNED to test it,it does not give me any readings nor does the LED blink when using the procedure outlined in the datasheet. I am connecting it via an arduino uno microcontroller. I am beginning to think i got a raw deal. When i measure the voltage i get a 5V reading at the Vin. Can someone urgently help me. i don kno wat to do nw.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Have you gone through the tutorial for instructions about connecting the GPS unit to your computer and communicating with it?

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps

othmar

Post by othmar »

yeah i went thru the tutorials and was going thru the part where u connect directly to the arduino. the serial monitor gives a positive output "Adafruit GPS library basic test!" read but when tryin to get serial from the gps the best i can get is a "y".the gps does not even light wen connectd to Vin. i went thru the tutorial countless times and i don thnk i got it wrong

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo of your setup and we'll take a look at the connections. If you aren't even getting a power LED, there's a problem somwhere along the way.

othmar

Post by othmar »

finally got it to work.. the connectors that came with the gps were not tight enough so i got new ones and they worked well.i think it shld be wise tht u test them for quality before sellin.. :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”