WebIDE setup

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chrisus

WebIDE setup

Post by chrisus »

I have tried setting up the WebIDE per the tutorial with no luck.
Using raspi-config GUI I set the pi to enable the ssh server. Next signed on the pi using PuTTY using my user and password. Copied the code for the install and pasted into PuTTY. The program started to run showing the % transfered, % total etc then the curser. Waited over ten minutes but the promt showing the installation complete never came 20 minutes passed nothing showing the installation is progressing. Checked the code started everything up again Pi,PuTTY etc still nothing. Any ideas?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: WebIDE setup

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It sounds like your RasPi is losing its connection to the servers that host the code. What kind of network connection do you have?

chrisus

Post by chrisus »

Mike
I am using an Ethernet cable to my router then over Comcast cable modem. Al other connections laptop etc are operating fine. I'm going to try again later. Is there a traceroute command I can use?

Any ideas on youtube. I got a script from StevenHicksons blog. It gets youtube playing but it max's out the Pi and loads/plays incredibly slow.

http://stevenhickson.blogspot.com/2013/ ... er-on.html

adafruit_support_mike

ChrisUS wrote:Is there a traceroute command I can use?
Sure: `traceroute 8.8.8.8`
ChrisUS wrote:Any ideas on youtube. I got a script from StevenHicksons blog. It gets youtube playing but it max's out the Pi and loads/plays incredibly slow.
That could be any of a number of things.. CPU load, memory limits, or network speed. To get an idea of which one is the bottleneck, use `top`. There are several options, so check the manpage to see how to scan various options.

chrisus

Post by chrisus »

I tried to setup the WebIDE and still no results.
Ran the trace route internet connection fine.
Used putty to connect to pi.
Did just a ls command. Got the expected dir/files. I know I'm logged into the pi.
Tried the auto command script and got nowhere again.
Tried the manual and l;ooked good until npm config set tmp tmp command line and got the errors of Failed to fetch from registry SEE attached screen shot.
My connection is still good.
Any suggestions?
Attachments
Error messages
Error messages
Screenshot (8).png (115.68 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (7).png (317.3 KiB) Viewed 525 times

adafruit_support_mike

That still has all the earmarks of a dropped network connection. What output do you get from `traceroute http://www.adafruit.com`?

chrisus

Post by chrisus »

Mike
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I found the problem. When I entered the commands manually I realized it was waiting for my sudo password. Done on auto that got lost /overwritten on the screen. Thanks for your help.
Chris

adafruit_support_mike

Ah.. that would do it.

Glad you got it working.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”