RaspBMC and video issues

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chrisus

RaspBMC and video issues

Post by chrisus »

I have setup a Pi to use as a media center using the RaspBMC preloaded SD I purchased. I have put Playon on my Windows 8 PC as a UpnP server to the pi. Purchased MPG2 and VC1 codec license thru the Pi store. Input them into the cofig.txt file manually and also thru the GUI. I play a video and get audio and a visualizer no video. shh the pi and ran the commands vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2 ( and WVC1). Both return as disabled. Prior to running the video they were enabled!
The only thing I can come up with is maybe my Windows 8 has something to do with it.
Don't have a Win 7 right now to try it.
Any thoughts?
I've tried other forums Raspberry Pi and XMBC but no replies. Also sent an email to the Pi Institute.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: RaspBMC and video issues

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't have any in-house expertise with those packages. If you bought the software components through the RasPi store, the folks there are more likely to know the quirks than we are.

chrisus

Re: RaspBMC and video issues

Post by chrisus »

I have the problem solved. I need to recheck even the simple things I thought were not the problem. The whole issue was I had the wrong Pi hooked up, not the one I bought the MPG and VC1 codes for.
KISS came as a hard but educational experience.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”