Arduino 1.0.5-r2-windows-exe (issues)

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinpatton

Arduino 1.0.5-r2-windows-exe (issues)

Post by kevinpatton »

i had to reload my Arduino program on my computer so i deleted it completely and went to the official Arduino website and redownloaded the Arduino software which is now "1.0.5-r2" , i was using an earlier version that i downloaded back in Nov of 2013. i made sure that all traces of the old software were removed. now when i try to start the Arduino software i get an error message that says "An error occurred while starting the Application" and in the top left corner of the box with the error message is shows "Launch 4j" when i hit ok the message disappears and i have nothing but the desktop i started with. how do i correct this and get it to work properly. the older software is no longer supported so i am not sure what to do. i even deleted the old software from my download folder. i have bought hundreds of dollars of Arduino parts and displays (some even got here today) that i got from Adafruit, and now i have an "upgraded Arduno Program" that will not start up. i have loaded and unloaded the software and removed the library's i had. so now i am kind of stuck. i figured out the library problem (they were all over the place) but now i have a system that will not start the Arduino software. Just in case you need to know, i built this computer. i am running windows 7 with an i7 quad, my "c" drive is a 256 ssd and i have 3 other WD drives for 3 TB of storage my backup is a 4 TB desktop WD and i would really rather not have to reload or restore because my last total backup was in Oct 2013. Do you have an answer or a fix ? because I'm at a lost as to why the Arduino program will not run. Please have an answer. Thanks, Kevin P.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Arduino 1.0.5-r2-windows-exe (issues)

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Have you tried this question over at the Arduino forums?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”