HELP:using the minty boost charger to charge phones

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sleo

HELP:using the minty boost charger to charge phones

Post by sleo »

hi
i stumbled on the minty boost usb charger awhile back anb it caught my interest.the simplicity in its design and the efficiency in it's supply of electricity supply is impressive.i tried duplicating it but i met some difficulities.
your 2 key components, the inductor and the converter is difficult to get here.etching the peb is also difficult and i have never seen an altoid tin before.
i wonder if you can use the principle of the charger to create a battery charger for phones.Granted, there might be such products that utilize 2 AA batteries to charge phones but i'd rather have you explain the principle to me as simple and as thorough as you did with the minty boost usb charger in makezine.com.
i know the voltage required to charge phones vary.if it's possible to design it to supply a constant voltage then using various connectors to supply to different types of phones, that would be okay.however i leave that aspect to you to decide.the various phones i have in mind are
samsunh A288,motorolla V66,BANNED models,V998,sony errison phones,nokia 8210 and nokia N series.
pls send the details and the description to me.my email address is [email protected] would be gratefull if i get a reply.

koolkat

Post by koolkat »

wrong forum...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”