To the lady and all you geeks out there...

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mooseheadm5

To the lady and all you geeks out there...

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Just getting into DIY electronics (mechanical engineer) and found the lady on instructables. Keep all those gadgets coming! Can't help you with development, but ask me if you have car problems.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I've got a car problem; I want a DeLorean, but can't afford it, can you help me there? :)

But in all seriousness, welcome to the forums, there's some pretty neat stuff here!

mooseheadm5

Post by mooseheadm5 »

magician13134 wrote:I've got a car problem; I want a DeLorean, but can't afford it, can you help me there? :)

But in all seriousness, welcome to the forums, there's some pretty neat stuff here!
Oh, I can fix that problem. <rolls up newspaper>
The DeLorean is a tremendous pile and you don't actually want one. The motor was a V6 made in a joint venture between Peugeot and Volvo. That motor is notorious for seizing cams due to poor oil return from the head (though less in the Delorean due to the positioning of the motor.) Parts made of unobtanium. Lower performance than one would expect from a car like that. Trust me, you do not want anything that has Peugeot's mark of the beast on it! No, no, no! <rubs nose in picture of DeLorean>

Sorry, but you have to stop them before they think that wanting a French-engined car is acceptable.

So, I imagine there is a line around the block of geeks in love with the lady? Wonder why she hasn't developed an open source geek tazer?

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
magician13134 wrote:I've got a car problem; I want a DeLorean, but can't afford it, can you help me there? :)

Oh, I can fix that problem. <rolls up newspaper>
The DeLorean is a tremendous pile and you don't actually want one. The motor was a V6 made in a joint venture between Peugeot and Volvo. That motor is notorious for seizing cams due to poor oil return from the head (though less in the Delorean due to the positioning of the motor.) Parts made of unobtanium. Lower performance than one would expect from a car like that. Trust me, you do not want anything that has Peugeot's mark of the beast on it! No, no, no! <rubs nose in picture of DeLorean>

Sorry, but you have to stop them before they think that wanting a French-engined car is acceptable.
Ahh, but how am I supposed to get BACK TO THE FUTURE?! I guess it wouldn't work anyway, the darn things don't even GET up to 88mph :?
I guess I'll settle for an Aptera, it's got Gull-wing doors too... plus I get to brag about being green. Can't wait until non-Californians can get them
mooseheadm5 wrote:So, I imagine there is a line around the block of geeks in love with the lady? Wonder why she hasn't developed an open source geek tazer?
For some reason, I was under the impression that she DID do some work with a taser... *Frantically uses Google to the fullest of its abilities*
Ah ha! She did reference an MIT-designed taser jacket in her final thesis. I knew I'd read something about that

mooseheadm5

Post by mooseheadm5 »

magician13134 wrote: Ahh, but how am I supposed to get BACK TO THE FUTURE?! I guess it wouldn't work anyway, the darn things don't even GET up to 88mph :?
I guess I'll settle for an Aptera, it's got Gull-wing doors too... plus I get to brag about being green. Can't wait until non-Californians can get them
Don't hold your breath. Until then, build it!
magician13134 wrote: For some reason, I was under the impression that she DID do some work with a taser... *Frantically uses Google to the fullest of its abilities*
Ah ha! She did reference an MIT-designed taser jacket in her final thesis. I knew I'd read something about that
Can't imagine why she'd need that :roll:

myx

Post by myx »

Do be careful around the flux capacitor. They can hold a charge for years and are wicked expensive to replace. (Imported from China)

nginuity

Post by nginuity »

There was actually a Delorean for sale at a used car lot here in Dallas not too long ago.

Theoretically, couldn't you just drop a different engine in it?

mooseheadm5

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Oh, most definitely. I love engine swaps. You can put any engine into anything if you really feel like it. Unfortunately, to do it at a reasonable price you need skills. If not, you need cash, and lots of it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”