Academic Research on DiY Communities

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bshultz1981

Academic Research on DiY Communities

Post by bshultz1981 »

Hello Everybody!

My name is Ben Shultz ([email protected]) and I'm a PhD student in Geography at the University of Tennessee. I'm conducting a survey to further our understanding of innovation and creativity in DiY projects.

I'm particularly interested in creative inspirations, motivations, and level of participation in DiY projects. Many scholars research innovation and creativity, but overlook the incredible richness and quality of innovation/creativity in DiY communities. I'd like to conduct one of very few academic examinations of the DiY ethos and community.

I'd like to invite you to participate in my project by taking a 10-minute survey on the web. The results of this survey are for university research only, and are completely unaffiliated with marketing or other for-profit institutions. All responses are anonymous.

Link to survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/131093/a9nnw

You can follow the progress of this research at my blog (diydissertation.blogspot.com) where I will post write-ups and aggregated results. You may freely share any of the information posted there.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for helping me gather data for my dissertation. I hope to offer you back useful and interesting information on DiY communities once I'm finished.

Ben Shultz
University of Tennessee
Department of Geography

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”