Dear Ladyada....

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mettam

Dear Ladyada....

Post by mettam »

Hi Ladyada,
I think I am emailing a person and not a group or organization, right ?
I am not sure how to ask this question so here it goes.

I have always been interested in gadgets electronics and kinetic sculptures. I am thinking I should go back to school to study !?. What to study, that is the question.
Electronics, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering. I am hoping you can tell me a bit about yourself what did you study and what do you do for a job now. Do you enjoy it.

If I choose to go back to school it will be a mid life career changer for me. I am a CG visual effects artist, I know you are thinking wow that's cool why would you want to change careers. Well it really isn't as exciting as you might think.

So can you give some advice so I can start figuring out if I should really go back to school or should I just tinker away at home.

Justin.

BTW your arduino tutorials are great.

adafruit

Re: Dear Ladyada....

Post by adafruit »

most engineering practices start out the same so you can try out mech e and then decide to add on some ee courses. you'd find that the subject matter is suspiciously similar

mettam

Post by mettam »

So how long was the degree and when did you finish ? and what job did you end up getting ? And most importantly do you enjoy the job, is the job everything you thought it would be, or has it become "just a job".

J.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

my current job is running adafruit which is great!

rico bravo

Post by rico bravo »

I studied EE and it took 5 years. School allowed me to understand ladyada's greatness but school is mostly lots of math and electrical theory and not so much creating cool projects. My job is fun 50% of the time. Most of my fun is experienced at home tinkering with home electronic projects.
Rico Bravo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”