Thanks, adafruit.

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
robodude666

Thanks, adafruit.

Post by robodude666 »

ladyada & adafruit,

Thank you guys very much for having the Ask An Engineer Chat weekly!

Yesterday, on the April 10th Ask An Engineer chat, I asked a question regarding LCD flicker. I've been messing around with several different LCDs for a couple years, but no matter what I try I always got annoying flicker. After hearing Limor's answer I felt very relieved.

Today, after a couple hours of messing 'bout I got an implementation of double buffering working and now have beautiful, crisp, and flicker-free animation. Now.. just need to get external SDRAM to hold 320 x 240px of information but that's another thread.

Thanks a lot,
-robodude666

adafruit

Re: Thanks, adafruit.

Post by adafruit »

robodude666 wrote:ladyada & adafruit,

Thank you guys very much for having the Ask An Engineer Chat weekly!

Yesterday, on the April 10th Ask An Engineer chat, I asked a question regarding LCD flicker. I've been messing around with several different LCDs for a couple years, but no matter what I try I always got annoying flicker. After hearing Limor's answer I felt very relieved.

Today, after a couple hours of messing 'bout I got an implementation of double buffering working and now have beautiful, crisp, and flicker-free animation. Now.. just need to get external SDRAM to hold 320 x 240px of information but that's another thread.

Thanks a lot,
-robodude666
thank you so much, this is why we do the show! thank you for the kind words and support!

cheers,
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”