Phantom Posts?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pstemari

Phantom Posts?

Post by pstemari »

The new replies page shows a couple of topics with new posts, but when you go to the topics the posts aren't there. Something wonky with the forum software?:

Basta, enough, çà suffit. by didier » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 pm in Administrative
4 157 by INFOTECHPROXIMITY9 Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:45 am

Important information - Adafruit is taking a 5 day rest! by adafruit » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm in Announcements
4 1044 by INFOTECHPROXIMITY9 Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:44 am

Nothing by "INFOTECHPROXIMITY9" in either one.

adafruit

Re: Phantom Posts?

Post by adafruit »

deleted spam, nothing wonky - just our wonderful team taking care of business so everyone can enjoy the forums here.

chankster

Post by chankster »

How are you deleting the spam? Because the forums show unread posts (which seem to be the deleted spam post/thread) and you have to either click "Mark topics read" (on the forum view) or click "View latest post" to get rid of it. When I delete posts/threads from my phpBB forum it removes all traces and this doesn't seem to happen.

Like today for example, all of the forums with posts from "PledTedoordes" show as unread even though I've read all the topics inside. If you're deleting the post/thread directly from the SQL database the Latest Post portion doesn't get updated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yeah its not perfect but its very fast and effective - one click :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Chankster wrote:How are you deleting the spam? Because the forums show unread posts (which seem to be the deleted spam post/thread) and you have to either click "Mark topics read" (on the forum view) or click "View latest post" to get rid of it. When I delete posts/threads from my phpBB forum it removes all traces and this doesn't seem to happen. Like today for example, all of the forums with posts from "PledTedoordes" show as unread even though I've read all the topics inside. If you're deleting the post/thread directly from the SQL database the Latest Post portion doesn't get updated.
it all depends on the spam, but usually the post is removed, the commenter is banned by ip, username and email. if it's a new (spam) topic, that's also removed.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”