Blog comments

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
westfw

Blog comments

Post by westfw »

Are comments on Lady Ada's Blog censored? (not the forums here; the blog at http://www.adafruit.com/blog.) Or are they just flakey? If comments are censored, do the offending posters get slapped on the wrist via their email, or do the comments just disappear?

I posted a slightly off-color remark the other day and it disappeared (or never showed up), and I wouldn't be really surprised, but I think this has happened with more innocent comments in the past as well...

adafruit

Re: Blog comments

Post by adafruit »

westfw wrote:Are comments on Lady Ada's Blog censored? (not the forums here; the blog at http://www.adafruit.com/blog.) Or are they just flakey? If comments are censored, do the offending posters get slapped on the wrist via their email, or do the comments just disappear?
hi wesfw,

the comments are moderated, if you posted something that as you said was "slightly off-color remark" it was not released - the other possibility is that it went to spam if it contained a lot of links.

we get (up to hundreds) of comments per day, we do our best to encourage positive vibes, support value adding comments and do not allow comments that are against race, gender, etc. we have a large audience filled with diversity of all types - it's fantastic.

we value the participation from all the great commenters here and on the blog, it's up to each of us to say and do things that make the world a better place - yes, even internet comments matter :)
westfw wrote: I posted a slightly off-color remark the other day and it disappeared (or never showed up), and I wouldn't be really surprised
sounds like it was obvious why it was not published.
westfw wrote: but I think this has happened with more innocent comments in the past as well...
you wouldn't have seen them so we're not sure what you are referring to - if there's some specific comment you'd like to discuss please email [email protected]

thanks,
adafruit (phil)

westfw

Post by westfw »

OK. Good enough. Usually I don't notice till some other comment goes by, and i'm like "hey, I said that already", but what I though isn't there. So I'm not longer really sure properly submitted it, and etc...

Up to "hundreds of comments" per day? I've been sorta surprised by the low number of comments that show up to blog posts (compared to sites like hack-a-day, which could probably use MORE moderation.) Let's see; I count a total of 30 visible comments since 0:00 16-nov; 2.3 days or so. WIth a controversial subject like "tithing for open source SW" getting only 3 comments? Are you sure that things aren't disappearing accidentally?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

westfw wrote:OK. Good enough. Usually I don't notice till some other comment goes by, and i'm like "hey, I said that already", but what I though isn't there. So I'm not longer really sure properly submitted it, and etc...
if you think a comment of yours is missing email [email protected]
westfw wrote:Up to "hundreds of comments" per day? I've been sorta surprised by the low number of comments that show up to blog posts (compared to sites like hack-a-day, which could probably use MORE moderation.) Let's see; I count a total of 30 visible comments since 0:00 16-nov; 2.3 days or so. WIth a controversial subject like "tithing for open source SW" getting only 3 comments? Are you sure that things aren't disappearing accidentally?
one of the kinect posts has over 62 comments (over 300 total with spam/trolls). "up to" when we release projects and efforts like the "open kinect" there are tons of comments across multiple posts, old and new - occasionally an old post will pop up on someone's radar and we'll see a few dozen comments on something old for whatever reason. the "hundreds of comments" also include the spam attacks or trolling that you never see.

-adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”