Forum login problems

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mikeselectricstuff

Forum login problems

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

I've recently been having major problems logging on here - typically after entering username & PW, when the screen refreshes it returns to the login screen. The only way I've found that works is to delete adafruit cookies, but that only lasts a few mins then I get the endless login prompt again - Any ideas what's wrong? Using Firefox 3.0.13 on a mobile connection.

len17

Re: Forum login problems

Post by len17 »

I haven't seen problems like that on other browsers - but I haven't tried Firefox 3.0. That's an old version.

Do you see the same behavior with a different browser? Or with the same browser on a different connection (wifi or hard-wired)? I've heard of weird things happening with buggy web proxies on mobile connections.

mikeselectricstuff

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

Seems to b eOK at my home connection - I know mobile broadband does odd things sometimes. I wodner if it also may be that I may have been logged in at home when trying to access from mobile ?
Problem doesn't seem to happen with other forums though - wierd...

len17

Post by len17 »

I just did some testing with my iPhone on 3G and my computer on a wired connection - no problem logging in & out. I think it's OK to login twice at the same time.

As to why only this forum - it could be a difference in the way adafruit.com handles session cookies, or it could be random mis-caching in your ISP's web proxy. Or something entirely different. :)

richms

Post by richms »

Depending on what the mobile ISP does to "optimise" the experience things can get screwey on the connections.

Here vodafone have an ongoing issue where you are not able to upload to twitpic on one of their APNs, it works fine on another one that offers no firewalling etc but when you have a very low usage limit and a very expensive overage you dont really want to be paying to be portscanned all the time.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”