Shipping (Warning - boring post!)

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spu3

Shipping (Warning - boring post!)

Post by spu3 »

I am always amazed how shipping companies can beat the snot out of something in such a short distance and/or period of time :!:

Case(s) in point, last week's shipment (see attached Bag Jan), the back side of the shipping bag was violated. :shock: The front side of the bag looked relatively untouched. Wazzup? Nothing was damaged.

The shipment received yesterday, GHD 1 & GHD 2 (groundhog day :) ) showed similar abuse but the bag was not violated. Again, no damage to the contents. Was this bag used to muck a stall :?:

Both bags looked like they made a trip to Bangladesh and back when in reality they only made a short 4 hour trip up the thruway from NYC to Saratoga Springs. A brief forensic fuzzy optic review reveals that one edge of both bags have seen a very dirty "pinch point" and the backsides always look worse than the front sides. So, I wonder if they try to put these bags through some sort of mechanical sorting machine. The other unanswered question is does this abuse happen in NYC or in Glens Falls - our local UPS sorting facility? Dunno ... :(

Luckily this story has a happy ending - nothing was damaged and both shipments were received quickly. I know how something as mundane as shipping can become a headache at times. I just wanted to give you a heads up before one of your carriers starts breaking things and causing you undue consternation.
Attachments
Bag Jan.JPG
Bag Jan.JPG (92.62 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Bag GHD 1.JPG
Bag GHD 1.JPG (100.97 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Bag GHD 2.JPG
Bag GHD 2.JPG (98.94 KiB) Viewed 1437 times

adafruit

Re: Shipping (Warning - boring post!)

Post by adafruit »

hey steve!

thanks for the note, we're glad to see your package made it to you with the contents despite being very abused :)

if there's anything damaged at all, in any way, let us know - we'll immediately replace it.

thanks,
adafruit support

spu3

Re: Shipping (Warning - boring post!)

Post by spu3 »

adafruit wrote:hey steve!

thanks for the note, we're glad to see your package made it to you with the contents despite being very abused :)

if there's anything damaged at all, in any way, let us know - we'll immediately replace it.

thanks,
adafruit support
Thank you. I hope that is never necessary! All my toys have arrived in good shape and operational.

As for the last shipment - heaven forbid that my Sugru would have been damaged!
I would have had to use same to repair itself ... ;-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”