Ordering in one shot

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
charly86

Ordering in one shot

Post by charly86 »

I created my cart, but I can't add one item that is back ordered. So I put it in my wish list and waiting the email when it will be in stock. Unfornunatly it is still not in sotck and I am waiting again. But in the meantime, some items that were in my cart are now back ordered.
It is a international order and I do not want to pay different shipping and just want to do my order, pay and wait all items in stock, then have them only one order.

As it is not possible to add in cart the item not in stock and it is not possible to reserve item in my cart, could you tell me how can I do a simple and unique order with all items I need ?

Regards

Charles

adafruit

Re: Ordering in one shot

Post by adafruit »

hiya!

thanks for the note, sign on the product page to be notified when an item is in stock and then place your order - we don't allow back orders on many items because there are delays and we don't want to hold orders for long periods of time.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

charly86

Post by charly86 »

Hello,

Thank for your answer, in fact I already sign on the missing item, but imagine it come back in stock tomorrow, then I have two item that were in stock, but now, no more. That means that I need to wait again, and nothing is done to prevent this hapening again and again.

Now a real example, I wanted to order raspberry pi Clobber breakout, 128x32 i2c oled display and 4-channel I2C-safe Bi-directional Logic Level Converter. I put in my cart the clobber and the level converter (it was in stock) and put the oled display in my wishlist. Then I subcribed to be notified when the oled will be in stock.

But the problem is that now the level converter and the clobber are back ordered. So if the oled come back in stock I can not place my order and nothing prevent things to happen again. The idea could be that we can order items not in stock so this kind of orders take all item of the order in stock to be reserved for that order until the missing item come back in stock. It is just a idea. But for now I placed my order of all item in stock because I do not want them back ordered again. The drawback is that I will pay both internationnal shipping (in the best case of my 3 missing items will be in stock at the same time, which is not sure)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thanks,

we understand, we'll be adding more ways to do this in the future in our cart system. thanks again for your patience.

thanks,
adafruit support

charly86

Post by charly86 »

Great news, thanks for understanding.

You rock !

Charles

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”