The new Raspberry Pi B Model B+ is here - Pick one up in the store and check our detailed guide!

CAPTCHA on Preview is Very Annoying

by stephanie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 am

Every time I want to Preview a post I am writing, I'm asked to solve a CAPTCHA.

Then when I want to Submit the post, I am asked to solve a CAPTCHA yet again.

I appreciate that the CAPTCHAs are reducing / eliminating Spam posts to the forums, but is it really necessary to have CAPTCHA challenges on preview? I'd think it's only necessary when submitting a post.

Or baring that, it should only challenge you once, eg. if I've been asked to solve the CAPTCHA the first time I previewed my post, then it shouldn't be asking on subsequent previews or when I submit.

Ideally though, it should only ask when you hit Submit.

Alternatively, maybe after someone's hit an arbitrary level of forum involvement, perhaps it shouldn't ask at all? Eg. if they've had 100 posts then odds are they aren't going to start spamming with post #101?

Cheers!

P.s. I almost always preview my posts to check for spelling errors and for general readability, and the CAPTCHA thing really is driving me crazy.
stephanie

Re: CAPTCHA on Preview is Very Annoying

by adafruit on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 am

Stephanie wrote:Every time I want to Preview a post I am writing, I'm asked to solve a CAPTCHA. Then when I want to Submit the post, I am asked to solve a CAPTCHA yet again.

hiya!

we're tweaking the system, thanks for the feedback! we'll try to remove it for the preview function!

cheers,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit

by adafruit on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Stephanie wrote:I almost always preview my posts to check for spelling errors and for general readability, and the CAPTCHA thing really is driving me crazy.

this should now be updated, no more CAPTCHA for preview!

cheers,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit

by stephanie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:18 pm

That's fantastic, thank you!
stephanie