Why do I have to deal with "we can't make sure this message isn't spam" 7/10 times in a single post???

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
allanonmage

Why do I have to deal with "we can't make sure this message isn't spam" 7/10 times in a single post???

Post by allanonmage »

I think it is absurd that almost every time I hit the "preview button" to check how my post will look, I get flagged as spam, have to complete a captcha, and only THEN can I see the preview.

Out of a series of 10 previews and a single post command, I had to go through this 7 times!!! Just have the captcha there all the time if your spam is that bad!

I can't imagine that you have that much spam that you have to drive people away like this. This will make sure that you don't have spam, no doubt. Until all the people who are trying to post leave and all you are left with are the spammers.

allanonmage

Re: Why do I have to deal with "we can't make sure this message isn't spam" 7/10 times in a single post???

Post by allanonmage »

The actual error is
We are unable to confirm that this post is not spam - please complete the captcha below and re-submit your post.

adafruit

Re: Why do I have to deal with "we can't make sure this message isn't spam" 7/10 times in a single post???

Post by adafruit »

allanonmage wrote:The actual error is
We are unable to confirm that this post is not spam - please complete the captcha below and re-submit your post.
thanks for the note and feedback (we removed the cursing, do not do that again, thanks!). we're working on some updates to the anti-spam measures, stay tuned for so upgrades and more features as our team gets back from the holidays.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

JD3

Post by JD3 »

I don't usually post links, but when I do it is from the Adafruit site itself.
And I have to enter the captcha information......

Maybe if the link is to your site no need for the captcha?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

working on this!

daremick

Post by daremick »

I'm definitely appreciative of features like this. With the great team at Adafruit being only about 30-40 souls I'm amazed at everything they provide me for free. Ensuring that the content on these pages is informative and accurate and not just trolling or advertisements is what keeps me coming back to the forums. I definitely appreciate what the Adafruit team is doing to support education and DIY all around the Globe. Thanks guys! :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

daremick wrote:I'm definitely appreciative of features like this. With the great team at Adafruit being only about 30-40 souls I'm amazed at everything they provide me for free. Ensuring that the content on these pages is informative and accurate and not just trolling or advertisements is what keeps me coming back to the forums. I definitely appreciate what the Adafruit team is doing to support education and DIY all around the Globe. Thanks guys! :)
thank you thank you thank you!

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”