Error in account setup on site for new user.

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Razer51

Error in account setup on site for new user.

Post by Razer51 »

Hello all, just an FYI post to let you know of a problem I ran into when making my first purchase on your site. I selected my items, and did the new user signup. At the bottom there was an option for getting a forum username and password and I did so, then when all was filled out and I clicked next I got an error page of some type with raw html. My username I selected said available, but in the html it maybe was used? Not sure as I did not look too closely.

I then went back, it timed out, back again, then I was in and logged in it appeared. Started to finish my order. When selecting addresses for shipping it said it would ship to the address on the left, but there was no address on the feft? Same thing for billing. Put them in, then my address book had multiple copies of the same address.

Finally ordered - Forum would not work at all, so I tried the password recovery and it said it did not know my email address. I set up a new account fully for forum and it is working now.

Interesting order process, but hopefully all is good now and my daughter and I will enjoy our science fair project creation! She is stoked to try out the MaKey MaKEy I ordered with her Raspberry Pi in some way.

adafruit

Re: Error in account setup on site for new user.

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the note and feedback, we've not heard this but we'll review this carefully with our team - if you could, please send a note to [email protected] with your OS/browser, etc information.

thanks!
adafruit support, phil

Razer51

Re: Error in account setup on site for new user.

Post by Razer51 »

No problem, and if you need to know for some reason I was using Windows 7 x64 and Firefox 17.

I work in IT, I should have screenshotted the error for you, but I just looked and hit back automatically. Oh well, it did all work in the end and that is what matters I suppose. Seemed to be an error on the forum side maybe. I tried to use the username on the forum when I did my manual signup and it would not work and said already used, and it said not used in the original signup.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”