Learning System request... circuit diagrams!

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kev909

Learning System request... circuit diagrams!

Post by kev909 »

I'll begin by saying that your offering of tutorials is *wonderful* and continues to improve. Adafruit is now my starting point for tech project research. That said...

One key element is missing in many of the tutorials which I believe would offer great benefit. The existing breadboard diagrams are certainly an essential for the newbie crowd, but the lack of corresponding CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS leaves a big learning and understanding gap. New learners can certainly make the circuits function AS-IS without one, but there's no visual hint of how "the magic happens" without a picture of the components (including IC pinouts/signals) to bring the circuits beyond essentially a "black box" level. One might compare interpreting a breadboard diagram to interpreting the falling green symbols in "The Matrix" (not with MY brain, I'm afraid).

A novice would be challenged to construct a circuit diagram from the breadboard drawing, limiting the chance to understand the circuit and begin expanding on it, which is when I believe the learning and satisfaction REALLY begins to kick in. Software experimenting can easily happen without pictures, but hardware learning... not so much. Any opportunity to lessen intimidation toward electronics would presumably bring more folks "on board" to share in the fun.

Thanks for the consideration... and ALL that Adafruit does. It's been wonderful watching how far this company has branched out over these very reccent few years.

A big fan...
--Kevin

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Learning System request... circuit diagrams!

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the suggestion! There is a feedback button on the left of each tutorial screen. Feel free to submit comments on any of our tutorials.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”