Forum issue with registered email

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeffmeden

Forum issue with registered email

Post by jeffmeden »

After registering with the Adafruit forums (about two hours later to be exact), the email address I used started getting a TON of "out of office" responses to addresses that are completely foreign. This has not happened before on that mailbox and it has not been used for any other registrations in the past few weeks. Is there a chance someone is harvesting email addresses with a hole in phpBB? I just wanted to alert anyone else to the issue in case they notice a lot of new spam too.

adafruit

Re: Forum issue with registered email

Post by adafruit »

jeffmeden wrote:After registering with the Adafruit forums (about two hours later to be exact), the email address I used started getting a TON of "out of office" responses to addresses that are completely foreign. This has not happened before on that mailbox and it has not been used for any other registrations in the past few weeks. Is there a chance someone is harvesting email addresses with a hole in phpBB? I just wanted to alert anyone else to the issue in case they notice a lot of new spam too.
thanks for the note, we run a very tight ship here and there is not a any known harvesting or email issues as you described (we'd hear about them for sure). if you'd like, register a brand new unique, never-been-used email address to verify. many folks use the unique emails addresses only for forums and stores (we do too) and there has never been a spam or harvesting issue with anything at adafruit!

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”