Small error in RA8875 driver examples

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rob drizzle

Small error in RA8875 driver examples

Post by rob drizzle »

Please note that there is an error in the "buildtest.ino" and "textmode.ino" file for the RA8875 driver example files.

Code: Select all

// Library only supports hardware SPI at this time
// Connect SCLK to UNO Digital #13 (Hardware SPI clock)
// Connect MISO to UNO Digital #12 (Hardware SPI MISO)
// Connect MOSI to UNO Digital #13 (Hardware SPI MOSI) <<<<<<<< should be pin 11
Small error, I know, but it will trip noobs like me up.

:)

PS. will there be any videos of the touch screens working and/or tuts for use? I would love to see how fast the displays are.

-Rob

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Small error in RA8875 driver examples

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Fixed! Thanks!
I'll check on tutorials...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we will have a tutorial but no absolute ETA (hopefully in the next few weeks but these weeks are busier than usual :) as for the speed of the display, do you mean the hardware accelleration for drawing images? i believe there's some spec's in the DS. the screen itself is updated 60Hz so its basically 'instant' and the hardware accel. routines are very fast, filling the entire screen takes maybe 5-10ms?

mbmahan39

Post by mbmahan39 »

Hello!
As I noticed we don't have a function for drawing images on the screen in the library. Are you going to add the function in the future? Is it going to be too slow to draw image over Spi?!
Because I have a project that has many pictures in it and I'm using ssd1963 and the lcd with parallel interface and I also use an arm micro controller, then I saw this and I said if it's possible do use this It would save me money and time!
Thank you.

adafruit_support_rick

The RA8875 library inherits drawBitmap from Adafruit_GFX:
drawBitmap(int16_t x, int16_t y, const uint8_t *bitmap, int16_t w, int16_t h, uint16_t color)
Unfortunately, that function is for monochrome bitmaps only. I'll ask about plans for color bitmaps.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

We have only the basics for the RA8875, there's no ETA on adding more to the library but check the datasheet for any routines and instructions on how to implement them! the library we have has most of the structure in it, so extending it isnt as hard as starting from scratch

kobe1

RA8875 compile errors

Post by kobe1 »

Am I missing somethin? When I try to compile with Arduino IDE after adding library to IDE, the RA8875 examples in the library download, I keep getting an error which says it can't find a library called Arduino_robot. ??? It seems to come from the GFX.h but if I comment out that library then I get draw error (can't draw, etc.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In constructor 'RobotControl::RobotControl()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'LCD_CS' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'DC_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'RST_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In member function 'void RobotControl::begin()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXA' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXB' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXC' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:19: error: 'MUX_IN' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:22: error: 'BUZZ' was not declared in this scope

I don't have a robot and never that I remember set up one.

with Adafruit_GFX.h bypassed I get this...

In file included from buildtest.ino:19:
C:\Users\gsmith\Documents\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\Adafruit_RA8875_master/Adafruit_RA8875.h:61: error: expected class-name before '{' token
buildtest.ino: In function 'void setup()':
buildtest:85: error: 'class Adafruit_RA8875' has no member named 'fillRoundRect'

This is the buildtest.ino program in the examples.

I know this should work since other have posted getting a hello world print to the lcd.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would like to purchase one of these LCD's and a RA8875 but if I can't get even the program to work it would be a waste of money. It seems Adafruit does not have a lot of support on the tutorial or site yet.
We are not all engineers out here with a degree. The NOOB's need support also. HELP !!

adafruit_support_rick

That's a bug in Arduino 1.0.5. You can either downgrade to 1.0.4, or you can delete the RobotControl library

lcstyle

Re: RA8875 compile errors

Post by lcstyle »

Kobe1 wrote:Am I missing somethin? When I try to compile with Arduino IDE after adding library to IDE, the RA8875 examples in the library download, I keep getting an error which says it can't find a library called Arduino_robot. ??? It seems to come from the GFX.h but if I comment out that library then I get draw error (can't draw, etc.)

We are not all engineers out here with a degree. The NOOB's need support also. HELP !!
I had the same problem. Check in the library folder for the robot lib or example code, somehow, the adafruit gfx file gets copied in there. I deleted it. It worked fine afterwards. BTW, I am using 1.5.5 - r2 Beta.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”