Nootropic 16x32 guide

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bfulda

Nootropic 16x32 guide

Post by bfulda »

I just purchased the 16x32 RGB Backpack (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1073) and started building it following the Nootropic guide. It did not state that there was a different input and output for the 8x2 connectors and I'm not going to complain about "letting the smoke out" of one of the components. I just want to ask you if you guys want the board back? It was one of the IC chips that allowed the smoke to leak out. I don't know if they are replaceable but I would assume you guys could do it if it could be done. If so i will gladly send it back.

I am a noob and after it happened I did take a better look at my surroundings and noticed that they were labeld differently but while in the soldering zone and reading everything step-by-step, if it didn't state it, I wasn't looking for it. Maybe a suggestion of a rewrite highlighting this. Also the power connection was different. Two Vcc and Two grounds. Not a big deal, I just twisted them together and screwed them down on the Nootropic board.

Let me know if you want it back and I will send it to you. Adafruit is a top notch place, great service, great products and great people working there. Thanks again.

Brad Fulda

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Nootropic 16x32 guide

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think we need the board back, but I'll see that your comments get back to the backpack's designers over at Nootropic Design.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”