product return

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
twelchptm

product return

Post by twelchptm »

I recently purchased some products, and want to return them unopened. The reason is I found a significantly cheaper way to complete my project with other adafruit products.

twelchptm

Re: product return

Post by twelchptm »

nevermind, just saw that returns will only get store credit, I will continue my project as planned and save what i learned for the next one, however I want to state that I am very upset with myself for not checking on this before I ordered. This fact coupled with this concept of conducting business and support over an open forum is not my cup of tea. I will only be purchasing from adfafruit in the future as a last resort.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the post, you can always email [email protected] and we can immediately take care of you, we also have the contact form.
http://www.adafruit.com/contact/

lastly, we have the returns policy linked on each page.
http://www.adafruit.com/shippinginfo/

Returns
To arrange for a return use the contact form or email [email protected]. We can only accept returns of unopened kits and products, within 30 days of receipt (for international orders, 30 days from shipment). Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only. All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Paypal / Credit card orders after 30 days of payment. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs unless the product arrives damaged or defective. Please contact us before returning any package! We're reasonable people and we hope you are too! Contact us if you have any issues and we'll do our best to help you out!

thanks,
adafruit support

twelchptm

Post by twelchptm »

well thank you and like I said it just not my cup of tea. While I have no problem placing a quick order online, when it comes to any other issues regarding said order I really prefer to deal with a live person. This is just who I am. Also the wording of the return policy you posted is not identical to the one I read, and perhaps my comprehension skills are a little off today.

"Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only." - so if I return them immediately can I be refunded in full?

"All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Paypal / Credit card orders after 30 days of payment." - I paid with a credit card does this say it will take 30 days to be refunded/credited?

twelchptm

Post by twelchptm »

I'm sorry, I feel compelled to elaborate...

I really don't like having online conversations primarily due to the fact that in the English language, the tone of your voice and the position of you body can drastically change the meaning of a word or the direction of a conversation. No amount of punctuation or editing can replicate human interaction and on the occasion where I do participate in online conversation I usually end up feeling compelled to elaborate.

An person reading this particular string could certainly think "This tool goofed up and now he's P.O.ed at Adafruit, but its his own fault", Please note, It is my fault. I got excited over my project and dove head first but had I checked the water I would have found there is a better place to jump. I am not in anyway angry or dissatisfied with Adafruit, I simply prefer to conduct business in a different manor, and I appreciate the assistance in making sure we all walk away from this interaction satified.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

twelchptm wrote:"Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only." - so if I return them immediately can I be refunded in full?
that is correct.
twelchptm wrote:"All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Paypal / Credit card orders after 30 days of payment." - I paid with a credit card does this say it will take 30 days to be refunded/credited?
if the return comes in after you contact us and it's been 30 days past payment we can issue store credit only.

thanks,
adafruit support

twelchptm

Post by twelchptm »

okay, as I said earlier, my comprehensive ability is out of wack today and I want to be certain...
Order # 431427 was placed on 02/06/2014, it shipped UPS ground and is scheduled to arrive today, I will print a return label and ship it right back to you and as long as it gets to you before 03/03/2014 (30 days) you will issue a refund in full?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

twelchptm wrote:okay, as I said earlier, my comprehensive ability is out of wack today and I want to be certain...
Order # 431427 was placed on 02/06/2014, it shipped UPS ground and is scheduled to arrive today, I will print a return label and ship it right back to you and as long as it gets to you before 03/03/2014 (30 days) you will issue a refund in full?
that is correct.

thanks,
adafruit support

twelchptm

Post by twelchptm »

Okay great, now what do I need to do to make the return "official" or do I just send the item back?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they will help you arrange the return.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”