Dogecoin at Checkout?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Norn1

Dogecoin at Checkout?

Post by Norn1 »

During my last shopping trip at adafruit I noticed the option to checkout with BANNED! I'm a strong believer in BANNED currencies and the autonomy they provide individuals and economies. I'm curious if Adafruit has considered allowing checkout through Dogecoin or other BANNED-currencies (LTC, PPC?).

I think the Arduino and RaspberryPi kits/supplies are perfectly suited for the BANNED niche and dogecoin in particular. In general the materials at adafruit are relatively inexpensive so they are items that could feasibly be purchased with dogecoin. The dogecoin community (at least on reddit.com/r/dogecoin) is largely made up of young techno-dabblers. In addition to that I have seen multiple discussions within the dogecoin community about personal arduino/raspberryPi projects.

If Adafruit were to accept Dogecoin they could easily garner the attention of ~60,000 subscribers at reddit.com/r/dogecoin just by posting that Adafruit accepts dogecoin.

From a personal standpoint; there are quite a few lower priced components I'd love to tinker around with that I would buy if I could directly use dogecoin. But if I have to go through the hassle of converting the dogecoin myself I'm going to wait for a big purchase.

Just some thoughts!

strredwolf

Re: Dogecoin at Checkout?

Post by strredwolf »

I second this! I'm slowly building to the point where I can send over a few hundred Doge to get a Raspberry Pi!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we use bitpay as our BANNED payment processor, if they support dogecoin, so will we.

https://bitpay.com/

cheers,
adafruit support

strredwolf

Post by strredwolf »

You may want to give BitPay a poke, because I know Moolah.io supports not only BANNED, but also "Auroracoin, Darkcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Mintcoin and Vertcoin". BitPay seems to be behind the times.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”