Servo issues with the ARDX starter kit.

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinrandell66

Servo issues with the ARDX starter kit.

Post by kevinrandell66 »

Hi,

I recently purchased an ARDX kit and have some issues with the micro servo provided. I am trying to have it switch to fixed angle positions as per lab 8 using the pot. The servo rotates continuously and does not stay at the fixed position. Also the basic sweep sketch also did not work as intended. Is the provided servo configured for "continuous rotation" ? Setting a fixed value in setup() and having nothing in the loop() also gives me a continuously spinning servo.

Regards,
Kevin

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Servo issues with the ARDX starter kit.

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Hmmm. Sounds like you have a continuous rotation servo there. You should have one of these: http://www.adafruit.com/products/169
If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread we can send you the correct servo for the kit.

kevinrandell66

Post by kevinrandell66 »

I have the exact servo that you linked to i.e. the SG92R. So it looks like I got the correct one for the kit, but it is a continuous servo type. is this model servo normally like this or has it been re-configured like this?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

As far as I know, Tower does not even make a micro continuous rotation servo. Converting to continuous rotation usually involves removing the internal stops and replacing the feedback pot with a fixed resistor network. I suppose it is possible for the hard-stops to get sheared off. But usually the gears would strip first.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”