Website-Forum text a bit too big?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ClockLoop

Website-Forum text a bit too big?

Post by ClockLoop »

I understand trying to be nice to the blind, young, and old.... but this is a bit much to have this huge font.

I personally use a font of 10 or 8 when I can change it. Most techs prefer smaller fonts also, so more information can fit on a single screen.

We scan quickly, to target desired info, but a font this big, makes me feel like im looking at a kids coloring book.

Raspberrypi.org did the same thing with their site a few days ago, and I was like, GAHHHHH.. is the whole internet blind?
Considering you have followed suit, apparently I need to increase my desktop resolution to some rediculously large size.
(currently its 1680x1050) It gets expensive to go larger...

My 2 cents.

Franklin97355

Re: Website-Forum text a bit too big?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Agree, also the color scheme is a bit disturbing to me. Is there a way to change the colors or skin the forum on a local level? I know some may like this and I don't want to force others to accept my standards.

ClockLoop

Post by ClockLoop »

You also cannot edit your forum profile. (picture, info)

adafruit_support

Post by adafruit_support »

hey folks, we'll be adding/updating and more - we're a few hours in to the new site and it's a big update. thanks for the patience and support!

pocketmoon

Post by pocketmoon »

There is so much wrong with new layout of the forum and the main site. Are we not allowed to prompt a debate about this?

I can see about 1/3 of the basic information on the screen (products or forum posts or blog entries) compared to the old site.

Rob

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi rob!

please feel free to post your thoughts and comments, keep the tone constructive and polite - we're working on a lot of updates on the site, you may want to check back later as we finish up some things!

we put a lot of thought in to how the site works on mobile, across multiple systems, etc. you'll see some updates on the home page and forums soon.

thanks,
adafruit support

antto

Post by antto »

+1
i'm on a 1280x1024 screen, the fonts are huge

pocketmoon

Post by pocketmoon »

Yeah I guess I wasn't being constructive :)

There's only so much real=estate on screen and it seems all the actual useful stuff has been made 2nd priority to having a modern style.

On the forum The top 1/4 of the screen is a giant black banner and scrolling down to the bottom almost half the screen is contact/jobs/about us links.

The text is huge and pale blue making it very low contrast.

On the shop page it's hard to browse items. More than half my screen is filled with the banner and a huge 'highlight products' slideshow. Everything is huge. Drilling down into categories I can only see 2 1/2 products on screen at a time,

Cheers

Rob

jtallak

Post by jtallak »

I have to agree with some of the other comments. The layout take up way too much space to display too little information. The fonts are larger than needed as are the pictures. My goal when I visit the site is to scan lots of information and find the things that I need (or really, really want). Your new format shows very few items at once. I realize that this is a trend in website design, but I find I am less interested in visiting sites that have less information easily visible. On the positive side, sites like this mean I can put off bifocals for another year :)

antto

Post by antto »

when a thread has new posts (which i haven't viewed) - there used to be a little icon on each post which indicated which are the new posts, that's missing

wbp

Post by wbp »

Please please please PLEEEEEAAAAASE give us back the old style/font sizes. This is really ugly, and I'm trying to be constructive.

Thanks,
William

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”