Take my money... Please!

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
specky

Take my money... Please!

Post by specky »

Apparently, Adafruit is not aware that many new TLDs have been approved by ICANN. I was all ready to checkout and transfer wads of money to them, but their system did not recognize me .systems email address.

Oh well, even though I would expect a technology company (hey guys, did you know that .technology is also an approved TLD?) to be up on new Internet developments, many are not, so I just tried to change my email address to a .com. BZZZZZZTTT! No, now the page just reloads and puts me right back in the same place. Do not pass "Save and Continue", do not enter your billing address, and do not give us money!

The thought hits me that if they make it difficult for us to give them wads of money, they will eventually not be able to pay their bills and employees, and that is not really a sustainable business plan. It does have the side benefit of getting rid of pesky customers who complain about things like faulty Web forms...

adafruit

Re: Take my money... Please!

Post by adafruit »

hi scott,

you had emailed us today via the support form and we replied instantly and our dev team is going to review this issue and update anything we need to. you were able to place an order and let us know (thanks). we'll be reviewing this and get back to you on tuesday, today is a US holiday and everyone is off at adafruit on the dev team.

thanks,
adafruit support

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi scott,

we've updated, the new TLDs are now supported on the site.

thanks,
adafruit support

specky

Post by specky »

Yes, thank you to adafruit support. I was quite surprised to get a quick response on a holiday, and then to see the issue fixed early Tuesday morning.

Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”