Wrong item sent...

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hchahine

Wrong item sent...

Post by hchahine »

Order #: 532133-3116122456
Part: SMT Test Socket - TSSOP-28 Breakout PID: 1280

I've just received this order and the part sent was the wrong part. I've already sent a note about this using the online contact form but I thought I'd post here as well, in order to be able to upload photos of the wrong item in case they are needed for proof.

PLEASE EXPEDITE THE REPLACEMENT AS THE SOCKET IS NEEDED URGENTLY AND OUR (COMMERCIAL) PROJECT IS ALREADY DELAYED NOW!
Attachments
20140707_104258.jpg
20140707_104258.jpg (616.21 KiB) Viewed 573 times

hchahine

Re: Wrong item sent...

Post by hchahine »

More photos...
Attachments
20140707_102731.jpg
20140707_102731.jpg (641.68 KiB) Viewed 572 times
20140707_102714.jpg
20140707_102714.jpg (653.62 KiB) Viewed 572 times
20140707_102703.jpg
20140707_102703.jpg (694.16 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hchahine

Post by hchahine »

Just so everyone knows - adafruit stuffed up the replacement order again. They must have monkeys or something working for them as the replacement wasn't checked at all. I'm absolutely livid right now.

If you want to tinker with an LED or two then order with these guys and give it 6 months and they may get your order right. If you need something relatively urgent for commercial purposes - THEN AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I'm am bitterly disappointed that this has happened as I did respect Limor and what she does for education and the maker community but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we are corresponding over email (and just called) if we made a mistake we're sorry and we'll of course give you a full refund (and the correct part). we asked you to email us a photo to confirm the wrong item was sent. we had previously sent the replacement for free with the most expensive international shipping option to get it there as quickly as possible.

this is the first and only time this has happened with this product, again - if there was a mistake we apologize.

if we made a mistake we'll always apologize, correct it and improve any processes.

please reply to our email that was sent from [email protected]

thank you,
adafruit support

hchahine

Post by hchahine »

Just to be absolutely clear you did make the same mistake twice and I am not making this up. There is no "if" about it - see photos below. Note the 16pin socket (instead of the 28pin socket as ordered) BUT the discrepancy in the labeling of the bag.

An email containing these photo's has been sent. I am giving you a final chance to get this right. Please do not disappoint me for a third time. I desperately need this socket.

We'll see what happens...
Attachments
20140711_102319.jpg
20140711_102319.jpg (591.9 KiB) Viewed 521 times
20140711_101517.jpg
20140711_101517.jpg (556.8 KiB) Viewed 521 times

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

this was sent out today as fast as possible with the fastest international shipping, we refunded your previous order as well.
correct.JPG
correct.JPG (504.3 KiB) Viewed 490 times
we apologize for the error.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

hchahine

Post by hchahine »

OK, so about a week and a half delayed but I finally got the right part I needed. Several hundred MCUs have now been programmed using this socket and are on their way to be manufactured onto our PCBA design.

Let me make a few comments about this experience:

The adafruit team in the end did do their best to make things right. I was sent out two replacement TSSOP-28 ZIF sockets.

After the second screw up, I just wanted a refund but I also desperately still needed the socket, so after speaking with someone from the team on the phone, we agreed they would just send me a replacement that would be personally checked by someone in management prior to shipping. They ended up refunding the order in full anyway as a courtesy to me.

I offered to send them back the other incorrect parts, they said it was not necessary.

In this instance, I needed this part ASAP and when the part came in wrong for the second time (after I asked for someone to check inventory/part thoroughly) I became understandably angry - hence my tone in my earlier posts. I am pleased with the response I got and aside from the unfortunate error(s) I am happy with the way they ended up trying to make things right and probably would use their store again purely based on the service they offered to me after acknowledging the mistake and doing their best to resolve it.

The online response both here on the forum and via email was quite also quick so kudos to you for that.

Adafruit team:
I am sorry that this screw up had occurred. I appreciate the length you guys went to, to right things in the end. I hope that this experience gives you an opportunity to improve some of you processes and/or provide staff with better training so that this sort of thing don't happen again.

All the best

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”