Breadboard switch not working

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mrjoebruno

Breadboard switch not working

Post by mrjoebruno »

I purchased this https://www.adafruit.com/product/1400 to be able to cut power to my arduino/project and after soldering it up tonight and attaching it to my breadboard and testing the outputs....I noticed that pressing the button doesn't do anything. The red LED lights up and power gets passed thru the switch however it doesn't work as advertised. Since this isn't a straight forward switch and has some FETs and other circuitry going on, I'm thinking something internally is not working. How would I go about getting an exchange? Didn't see anything on the main page so I'm posting here.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Breadboard switch not working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Not sure I understand - you say the button doesn't do anything, but you also say that the red led lights up and power is passed.
What exactly isn't it doing?
Also, Please post clear, detailed pictures of both sides of the switch, showing your soldering.

mrjoebruno

Post by mrjoebruno »

Well it's not working as a switch since pressing the button doesn't kill the flow. Here are some pics.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (395.3 KiB) Viewed 221 times

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Ah, OK. I get it.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Power Switch

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”