While placing an order....

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
coreycoop

While placing an order....

Post by coreycoop »

Last night, I started placing an order form a "back in stock" notification for the Raspberry Pi B++ box. I was tired, and knew I needed to research a bunch of other stuff, so I went to bed. This morning I started back on making up my order. At 11:53 I see the Power boost, but it's out of stock, so I place and get an email saying I placed a "Back in stock notification", for the power Boost. At 12:22 I get the notice that it is back in stock, but I'm on your web page so I don't see it! At 12:41, I saw that the TPi Box this whole thing started with was out of stock, so I removed it from my order, and placed a new "Back in stock notification" for the RPi box. At 12:45 I place my order, and get verification of the order, along with a second email stating that my order will not go out until Monday. At 1:57 I get the notification that the Box is "back in stock". When I try to go to the "contact Us" page and put in "Modify order", there is no way to contact you UNDER THE MIS-NAMED "CONTACT US" Page, it just says, essentially Tough luck.

So, in short, your order system tells me that things are out of stock, but before I can even finish checking out, they become back in stock. It will take 70 hours (22 Business Day hours) to ship my order, but it can't be modified, I just have to pay 2 day shipping again if I want it. Oh, and the icing on the cake is "Contact Us" really means "Go F%%% yourself".

adafruit_support_bill

Re: WTF?? While placing an order....

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We apologize for the inconvenience. Some of our more popular items have been known to sell out within minutes. Our production runs nearly round-the-clock, but UPS only picks up on weekdays.

To enter information in the "Contact Us" form, you first need to select a category.

coreycoop

Re: While placing an order....

Post by coreycoop »

Please go to your "Contact Us" page and look yourself, every one of the categories I tried that even remotely matched what I wanted gave no "continue" or other method of sending a message. So don't smugly say "you have to pick a category".
And are you even bothering to read my message? The point is not that things sell out fast, it's that they obviously had NOT sold out, when I get a "sold out" on the web site, and within 20 minutes get a "back in stock", and an hour later, another for another product. And then to add insult to injury, you have all the time in the world, but won't make updates to an order.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the note and feedback corey, we'll share this feedback with the team.

thank you,
adafruit support

jctj

Post by jctj »

Similar problem: I placed an order for $164.40 and it had $10.86 for shipping. Two items were not in stock, however, so I had to drop them from the order. Now, the T-Cobbler and Box (both for B+) go in and out of stock with no way to combine them. If I buy them separately when they are available, I am paying approx. $10 in shipping each for a $8 and $12.50 item, basically doubling the cost. Is there a way to get them both (or all my items) ordered and then have each one set aside as they come in and shipped together? It will probably be a while before both are available at the same time.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we can't afford to offer that option. We'd need a new warehouse to hold partial orders (don't want part X, which was in stock when you placed the order, to be out of stock when part Y arrives), and the cost of the sitting inventory would be crippling. We couldn't offset the costs by taking prepaid orders because GATT accounting rules say that's illegal.

Your best bet is to record the lower-priced items in your wishlist, and sign up for email notification when the higher-priced items come in. Then you can make sure the smaller items get in the same box as the bigger ones.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”