Ultimate gps breakout board max order quantity is 1

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeffob

Ultimate gps breakout board max order quantity is 1

Post by jeffob »

i need to buy 10. why offer quantity discount pricing if you can only buy 1? is this a mistake? last time i was able to order 10 no problem.
Please help
Thanks
Jeff

Franklin97355

Re: Ultimate gps breakout board max order quantity is 1

Post by Franklin97355 »

They just came back in stock and are selling fast hence the limit. The quantity pricing is built in to the webpage and when you can buy 10 it will apply.

jeffob

Post by jeffob »

How will i know when i can buy 10? I need these soon for a project that i am working on.
Thanks
Jeff

jeffob

Post by jeffob »

would it be possible to pre-order 10-20 units so when you do your next production run you can set these aside for my purchase?
Thanks
Jeff

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't do preorders.

We're constrained by production as it is, so preorders would just lead to us giving answers like, "all units scheduled for production in the next 12 weeks have been purchased, but you can order units from the production run scheduled 14 weeks from now. Please remember that production schedules are estimates, and subject to possible delays for supply and technical reasons."

jeffob

Post by jeffob »

OK, makes sense. But will there be a order maximum of 1 on the website if i wait 14 weeks.
thanks. Or maybe i should just ask you how/when i can order 10-20 units from the website with one order.
Thanks
Jeff

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

There's a story about the construction of the Empire State Building: the builders worked so fast that the beams were still hot from the rolling mill (in Pittsburgh) by the time they were riveted in place.

That's kind of where we are now. Breakouts from the fab and test teams aren't even making it to the warehouse shelves yet.. they're just being rolled over to the shipping team and going into boxes.

Our goal is to serve as many people as possible when supplies are short, but we don't like the limits any more than you do. We know there are people with good reasons to by 10-20 (or more) units, and it's not like we're allergic to your money. We just need to get to the point where the statement "we have units in stock" is true for more than five minutes at a shot.

Historically, I don't recall seeing any limit last more than about two weeks, but the decision is always made based on the running data.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”