Pibow Coupe

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
N3LER

Pibow Coupe

Post by N3LER »

Recently purchased a Pibow Coupe (#1984) to mount on a Pibow VESA Plate (#1320). The four corner holes that are typically used to attach the items do not line up. There are mounting holes (2) on the Pibow Coupe base and #1,2,3 &4 but they do not extend thru to the top plate. Also no nylon hardware included to mount Coupe on Plate. Please advise and provide mounting guidance. Thanks.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Pibow Coupe

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Can you post a picture showing how the holes don't line up?

N3LER

Post by N3LER »

Here are two photos showing the misalignment of the holes. For clarity I have used only #1 plate from the coupe and the VESA adapter. I placed one of the plastic screws through one hole and you can plainly see the remaining 3 corner holes do not line up. The next post shows the two holes that do line up.
Attachments
Other End.JPG
Other End.JPG (742.94 KiB) Viewed 411 times
One End.JPG
One End.JPG (755.66 KiB) Viewed 411 times

N3LER

Post by N3LER »

Here are some pics of the two holes1 provide in both units that do match up. In the coupe one hole is located in the bottom plate and Plate # and align with a hole in the Rasp Pi PCB. The second hole extends through the bottom plate and Plates #1,2,&3. On plate #4 the hole is enlarged to allow the screw to be flush with the top of the plate allowing the top plate to fit flush. There are no screws supplied to mount using this approach.
Attachments
2 holes B.JPG
2 holes B.JPG (653.12 KiB) Viewed 410 times
2 holes A.JPG
2 holes A.JPG (513.6 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Coupe.JPG
Coupe.JPG (805.45 KiB) Viewed 410 times

adafruit_support_rick

Looks like the Coupe is not compatible with the VESA plate. I don't have a Coupe, but it's obviously different from the regular PiBow cases. We can exchange your Coupe for a regular PiBow. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange it.

N3LER

Post by N3LER »

Thanks for offering the exchange, but I want the coupe for the added access on my VESA mounted workbench Pi. Can you send me two nylon screws for the alternate mounting? I believe this is a fair request.

gourou

Post by gourou »

Heya, The VESA mount is updated to take new and old Pibows in the corners slots. Adafruit should have these really soon now.

adafruit_support_rick

ki6ywx wrote:Can you send me two nylon screws for the alternate mounting?
Adafruit Support should have sent you a couple of screws.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”