Introduction!

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
krabumple

Introduction!

Post by krabumple »

Hi there!

My name is Chris. I'm from Chicago, Illinois. I like to work with the visual and more 'artistic' aspects of Arduino and such. I have less than a year's experience working in this medium, but I am having a lot of fun with it. I also build little robots, making them functional, but also distinctive to look at. Currently, I've been a casualty of the downswing in the economy, which is a bit frustrating- imagine a baby plant, bursting with growth, but stuck inside of a bell jar, for want of tools.. My next set of needed tools are an AVRtinyUSB, a pile of IC's to go with it, and some other sundries. I am also looking into kitting some of my projects for sale at a local robotics shop, perhaps. I have made a few little optical theremins that would be very simple for beginners to make. I also hack consumer electronics and other things into tools for the handicapped. For an example, I have a minor case of BANNED in my hands, and I like to crochet. So, I took an electric toothbrush handle, sliced it in half with my dremel, and re-worked it to have a nice little LED and attachment for my hook. So now, no more fumbling with tiny hooks!

For my other interests, I go to school part-time for Mortuary science, and I'm a big foodie- I like to do everything from scratch. I make and infuse my own olive oils and wine vinegars, and roast my own coffee, too. I play chess and read a lot, as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Chris

adafruit

Re: Introduction!

Post by adafruit »

welcome! dont forget to post up your (non)working projects with any documentation, it will help you and others lots

krabumple

Re: Introduction!

Post by krabumple »

Thank you, LadyAda! I have decided to go forward with the kitting of things. Why not when the product is already sold, right? Perhaps I can stop looking for work then :D

But I will certainly document future works, when I feel it's something worthwhile. And I think I'll be taking photos of the kitting process so others can learn from it, and I can learn, too. I need to create custom PCB's for these kits, and that'll take a few, but there are plenty of solutions for that. This is going to be so much fun!!

And thank you for saying hello! It was a little quiet in here!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”