Com1 can't connect to minipov3

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lmod

Com1 can't connect to minipov3

Post by Lmod »

Have a minipov3 that came in a "Brain Machine" kit from Maker-Shed. Using Windows XP, on a Dell Dimension 2400 Pentium 4 2.52GHZ, and connecting directly to the serial port. Device manager thinks Com1 is working properly. When turned on, the minipov lights up the LEDs one at a time, in sequence. There are only 4 LEDs connected, and resistors 5 and 6 were omitted (as per Brain Machine instructions.)

I have read that when connected to the serial port and turned on, the LEDs will either go out or behave "strangely." But when plugged into the serial port, the lights do not change.

Attempting to conect to minipov with software results in an error1, access denied, and handle is invalid (see attached screenshot.)
Error1.jpg
Error1.jpg (133.13 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
Please note in accompanying photos of minipov, that the black power lead is disconnected. This happened while making the scan, and after reconnecting it the minipov exhibited the same behavior.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
mini3front.jpg
mini3front.jpg (566.07 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
minipov3two.jpg
minipov3two.jpg (558.18 KiB) Viewed 3427 times

adafruit

Re: Com1 can't connect to minipov3

Post by adafruit »

in the device manager, try "disabling" the com1 port and then "enableing" it again
have no idea why this works but it does for me :?

Lmod

Post by Lmod »

That totally worked! Did the disable, then the restart, then enable. Functions perfectly now. Thank you very much! :D

ardustorm

Post by ardustorm »

Thank you so much. I couldn't get it to work. When I restarted it, it worked! I had resoldered everything, checked every connection and it still didn't work. Thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”