Newbie needs basic advice on compling

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sensation_seeker

Newbie needs basic advice on compling

Post by sensation_seeker »

Hi,

I have a MiniPOV3 setup with a PL2303 USB/Serial Converter on an Intel Macbook.

I have been following the instructions at http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov3/so ... tml#macosx and the story so far goes as such:

I have located the device using the - ls /dev/cu.* - function to find out the name of the USB adaptor (/dev/cu.PL2303-00002006) then used the - avrdude -p t2313 -c dasa -P - function, which worked fine. I then changed the com1 in the Makefile with /dev/cu.PL2303-00002006. I went to compile the make program-alt_leds program and it returned - make: *** No rule to make target `program-alt_leds'. Stop. - ?? what does this mean??

the firmware is sitting in my home folder and I wondered whether this would make a difference? As i think it doesn't appear to be finding the alt_leds file, which is present and correct as I have checked.

Thanks

mtbf0

Re: Newbie needs basic advice on compling

Post by mtbf0 »

what it's not finding is the makefile which is the file that contains the rules for building various targets. you'll find the makefile in the zip archive along with the various sources. it's probably a good idea to unzip the whole thing into its own directory.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”