MiniPOV failing with longer messages

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
diyodeSimon

MiniPOV failing with longer messages

Post by diyodeSimon »

I've got everything together properly (or so I thought) and tossed in a simple design (40 lines). Success.

However, if I try for a longer design (160 lines, or even 80) AVRDude tells me it's been sent propery and verified, but when I return to the unit, I either get the top and bottom LEDs on constantly, or the second bottom LED on dimly.

If I go back to a shorter message, it works. I understood that we should be able to run with 500 lines or more.

Any suggestions? This is a miniPOV3 and Windows XP.

adafruit

Re: MiniPOV failing with longer messages

Post by adafruit »

try umm, iirc its called "bigmessage.c" or something :)

r_vasquez94

Post by r_vasquez94 »

I am also having this problem!! my message is about 68 lines long and it automatically programs itself to "minipov" as the message. It worked before when i spelled out my four letter long name. I didnt understand what you meant in your reply to the other person. Please help :D thank you!!

r_vasquez94

Post by r_vasquez94 »

also Im on a mac OSX macbook.ordered kit from makershed. using p2303 serial-usb. I have sucessfully built this minipov3, failed at programming, then after a week finally figured it out. I spelled out my first name and it worked but when i tried a longer text such as "AP PHYSICS!!" which was only 68 lines long, it programmed to "minipov!" i really dont know how it did that but i would really appreciate the help. thanks LadyAda!!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The only way for it to go back to displaying "minipov" after displaying something else is if you re-loaded the old .hex file.

Delete the old hex file. Copy your new binary image definitions into the myPOV program, recompile and re-load using the makefile as descrbed here:
http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov3/programming.html

r_vasquez94

Post by r_vasquez94 »

No i already have "minipov!" programmed into my minipov3. I successfully changed it to "Ruby" before but then when i went to reprogram it to "AP PHYSICS!!" I turned it on after it was done and it said "minipov!" . I already changed the codes in the mypov.c in my terminal/command window but it keeps programming it to "minipov!" The wierd thing is, is that i bought it from Makershed and the pre programmed message was "Make!" so why did it reset to this?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

No i already have "minipov!" programmed into my minipov3. I successfully changed it to "Ruby"
You can only have one thing programmed into it at a time. If it said "Ruby" before and now says "minipov" now it is because you downloaded a .hex file with "minipov".

r_vasquez94

Post by r_vasquez94 »

Yeah i know you can only have it programmed with one message at a time but I cant get rid of the "minipov!" now. I keep trying to reprogram it to say something else but every time i change the binary codes and save them in mypov.c, it always comes out "Minipov!" This didnt happen to me before so why is it doing this?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”