MiniPOV kits!

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

MiniPOV kits!

Post by adafruit »

I've designed a simple 'no-microcontroller-programmer-needed' minipov. I'm sending out the PCBs to be made tonight!

burgos

Please help!

Post by burgos »

I am very excited about making my own minipov, and so far I have managed to get all what's needed from Digi-key. But I still need the PCB, and I'm stuck on the Advanced Circuits website, as I upload your 2minipov.zip file, I am asked to identify each one of the files ¿¿¿???? and I have no idea about those :-(, please help me, there are five gerber files, all of them with the same name 2minipov and different filename extensions, which are: 1) dim, 2) drd, 3) drl, 4) gbl, 5) gtl and according to Advanced Circuits I have to identify its kind as either of these: Top Silkscreen, Top Soldermask, Soldermask (same both sides), Top Cooper, Bottom Copper, Bottom Soldermask, Bottom Silkscreen, NC Drill, Drawing/Other. Please Ladyada help me out. :(

The_Hushed_Casket

Re: MiniPOV kits!

Post by The_Hushed_Casket »

ladyada wrote:I've designed a simple 'no-microcontroller-programmer-needed' minipov. I'm sending out the PCBs to be made tonight!
How will you program it? USB? This will be very cool.

adafruit

Re: MiniPOV kits!

Post by adafruit »

The_Hushed_Casket wrote:
ladyada wrote:I've designed a simple 'no-microcontroller-programmer-needed' minipov. I'm sending out the PCBs to be made tonight!
How will you program it? USB? This will be very cool.
no. using the parallel port (the parallel port plug is soldered on the side) its a common 'cheap & simple' way of programming atmel chips. ill have the webpage up today or tomorrow with most of the info and a picture of my prototype.

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Think that an 232bm chip can be used to program via usb?

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

If I understand correctly (and it's entirely possible that I don't). The 232 is for Serial emulation. FTDI does, however, have the FT245BM, which (I think) does the same for USB to Parallel. LadyAda, it might be interesting to use this chip with a mini-B jack (similar to Minty).

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you absolutely can use the '245 to make a microcontroller programmer.

Unfortunatly, i think its too tough for people to solder

however, it would be really cool if someone basically wrote an STK500 compatible atmel programmer using the IgorPlug "bitbang USB" code.

That way you'd have a USB programmer, but with a DIP chip!

maybe ill add that to my Big List :)

ZR2G

16F630 asm code

Post by ZR2G »

Hi All

Iam new here and came across this circuit for the MINIPOV which looks really cool.

I downloaded the code, but now if I understand the code it might have a problem or something missing, I could be mistaken. Has anyone built this MINIPOV using the 16F630?

What web site are you guys talking about?? Culd i have the url please.

Also what IC are you going to use?? Seems like you not going to use the PIC.

Thks
Gary
ZR2G

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Ok w00t..i've put up the minipov2 site:
http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov2
theres instructions and schematics as well as source code & precompiled firmware.
i really think this is much easier (& cheaper overall) than the old version

j8m8l

Post by j8m8l »

Cool beans...I must have one!
Any idea how much postage for a kit would be to England?

Josh

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

USPS will do it for $15. I cant think of any cheaper way :(

chaostic-offline

Post by chaostic-offline »

Any chance for a picture formated schematic? I don't have a computer that I can install eagle on. Any format, jpg, tiff, pdf, png whatever...

Anyway, having a mac, with no parralel, I think Imma try the FTDI chip. I know a Local rep who will send me some. Same rep who sent me the 232s for minty.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

theres a schematic on one of the pages you can click on. its unfortunate i couldnt find an easy way to let macs program it. you could try buying a simple USB atmel programmer. they run for $30 or so I think

Gary

ATtiny2313

Post by Gary »

Hi All.

Iam unable to get a ATtiny2313 locally here. Seems like its not a very common componet around this end of the world.

Anyone willing to POST me one. I shall pay all costs, else IOam able to get a 16F84 PIC and I have a programmer.

Can someone help me if possible to use this PIC to build/change this design to work on the 16F84.

Thanks
Gary

xxxiii

Post by xxxiii »

I want to do this:

Here is my bike:
[/img]http://www.schwinnbike.com/heritage/att ... ntid=22468[/img]

Please tell me how.

I've got a store-bought unit that'll do pretty much what the miniPOV will do, but I need full wheel graphics. Adding a couple frames of animation would be pretty neat too, but that's secondary.

Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”