Idea's

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rbpuppy1

Idea's

Post by rbpuppy1 »

I'm very excited to do some programming with my minipovs when they arrive :) (HINT) LOL Just kidding :)

Ok there are leads for a senser... what I want to try is connecting a switch or two to the POV at the senser leads or some other way. Then I'm going to write the firmware in ASM for size to allow the programming of images and text right on the POV...entering them line by line, kind of a pain but maybe I could store fonts in the program also if there is room for that.

Using the mini as is.. pressing this button 3 times within 1 sec will enter program mode. The 8 LED represent themselves, the first LED starts flashing to indicate it's selected and pressing the button once will turn on the LED and pressing the button twice will turn off the led and after a small delay the next LED will flash. You repeat this till the line is done and the next line will start. Ect. Ect. If I can hook up 3 switches somehow I could have a forward, back, enter system to make it much easier.

This button(s) could also be used to switch modes with various options

I also was thinking but not sure the included microcontroler could do all of this but using RGB LEDs and being able to program each LED with one of three colors. The idea of being able to control the resistance to each LED in software also interests be but I don't have a clue how to add this function to the current design.

Thanks for reading... fell free to tell me if you think any of this is possible within the limits of the current design of the POVMini.

kragen

Post by kragen »

The easiest way to dim the LEDs is with PWM rather than changing the resistance or voltage --- the ATtiny doesn't really have analog output. It can toggle things on and off a million times a second, though.

I've been thinking about how to enter text into this thing myself. I'm thinking two buttons for an iambic morse-code keyer, with a 5x5 monocase font --- I think I can store the font in 3 bytes per character, And maybe I can use two of the LEDs as the switches as per MERL TR2003-35, perhaps with a little bit of model paint. The ATtiny currently seems to have eight or so free pins, and I'd only need two of them for that...[/quote]

fr3d-

Post by fr3d- »

The code morse is better.
We complicate the code, to simplify the 'write'

I´ve another way... but, in this case, is need do another pcb:
the port is output in a moment (when we turn the pov)
and can be too a input, to white the data, line by line.

I did all letter in my code, and now, i write what I want very fast

there is a peace of my 'font' code in my post

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=904

(if someone could answer my question.... lol )

kragen

Post by kragen »

I'm afraid I don't understand your latest post at all. Can you clarify? Is there another language you can write more clearly?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”