sensor

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
reepooh2004

sensor

Post by reepooh2004 »

in schematic, pin 6 connect with + and - (sensor). what is the function of sensor? there isn't component in there..

thanks

sparr

Re: sensor

Post by sparr »

The sensor is an optional component, and there are various firmwares that use different types of sensors. If you are going to wave the device back and forth then a mercury or ball tilt sensor can be used. If you are going to spin the device in a circle then you could use a rotary encoder or a hall effect sensor or something else.

anubis7777

Post by anubis7777 »

hi guys, im doing the "make magasine 3x3x3 led cube" project and using the minopov 3 kit for my open source...
and im just wonering about the sensonr slot in the board. ah how does it work and im planing to put a "LDR" for my cube so that when its dark it will turn on and do its patern lights. so how should i go about this.

thanks in advance for rplying to this post just need some help in the sensor bit.
hope to hear from you guys

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

sorry, dude, no analog inputs on this baby, but maybe you can find an ldr that will hit the threshold for a logical zero at just the light intensity you want. maybe you can tune things a little with a voltage divider. alas, i'm pretty worthless on hardware questions.

anubis7777

Post by anubis7777 »

ah cool thanks for the replay man, its ok man, any input is better than nothing. ah ur info kinda help me there abit and gave me an idea but still thanks again with the reply.

ur cool :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”