Photographing your pov image

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bdaniels

Photographing your pov image

Post by bdaniels »

So, I finally finished putting together my MiniPOV3 last night. I programmed in a custom display using magician's software. After waving it around for like 10 minutes, i couldn't figure out to get it so i could read it. I could only see a few of the letters, and then I tried to figure out how to photograph it like ladyada did, and I couldn't get my webcam to capture me waving it.

Any ideas?

Seamus

Re: Photographing your pov image

Post by Seamus »

I posted a description of how I managed to capture a photo of my POV-ish project (and the photo) in another thread in this forum [here]. I didn't use a webcam, but I imagine that you should be able to adapt the instructions to suit, especially considering that most webcams will slow down their frame rates to compensate for low-light conditions.

mtbf0

Re: Photographing your pov image

Post by mtbf0 »

i don't think a webcam is going to work all that well. what you want is a longer exposure to be able to capture the whole message. you might accidentally get the image in a frame off a web cam, but you'll have to try quite a few times. might work if you save the webcam output as a video and then search the file for a frame you can use. but a digital camera that allows you to set the shutter speed will be a lot more reliable.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”