sequencer not working

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pish

Re: sequencer not working

Post by Pish »

Dont be messing about in Maplin, its sooooo expensive. These guys are good for getting little bits quick http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/

Mussi81

Post by Mussi81 »

ok so I have some life in this machine now but its still not very well.

it sounds more like a 303 now but I still have the issues with only some of the leds lighting up when I turn it on.

with regards to the sound the waveforms sounds pretty good when it has been turned on initially but after 10 or so seconds it starts to distort and warble and sounds more like an a messed up mc202 lol

im definitely in keyboard mode btw.

I feel the end is close!

mmm

Post by mmm »

Mussi81 wrote:ok so I have some life in this machine now but its still not very well.
So what have you done in the meantime? Have you swapped other components?
Mussi81 wrote:it sounds more like a 303 now but I still have the issues with only some of the leds lighting up when I turn it on.
Can you make a list which LED's are working and which are not?

[/quote]with regards to the sound the waveforms sounds pretty good when it has been turned on initially but after 10 or so seconds it starts to distort and warble and sounds more like an a messed up mc202 lol[/quote]

Without an oscilloscope this will be hard to debug because it's not clear which part of the circuit is responsible.

Mussi81

Post by Mussi81 »

I've just replaced/fitted that capacitor I was missing.

The l.e.d's that do not work are as follows:

2, 3,4,5,89,10,11,14,16,18,19,

And luckily I have a oscilloscope here, all I need is to be told where to check :)

mmm

Post by mmm »

As far as the LEDs go: There probably is something wrong with IC6. While all other IC's drive at least a couple of LED's (although the pattern is different) all LED's for IC6 are off. Of course it could also mean that all those LED's are shot (you mentioned having soldered IC6 originally the wrong way). IC6 drives LED 22 to 24 and 34 to 38.

I'll think about your other problem.

Mussi81

Post by Mussi81 »

MMM wrote:As far as the LEDs go: There probably is something wrong with IC6. While all other IC's drive at least a couple of LED's (although the pattern is different) all LED's for IC6 are off. Of course it could also mean that all those LED's are shot (you mentioned having soldered IC6 originally the wrong way). IC6 drives LED 22 to 24 and 34 to 38.

I'll think about your other problem.
Ah well that is a bit of a concern because after I realised my mistake and removed the incorrectly mounted ic I then fitted a socket in its place and put a new ic in that, but had problems with some of the solder pads in the process.. I may need to cut some new tracks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”