MM Kit - several issues: power sup., vco

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
izze

Re: MM Kit - several issues: power sup., vco

Post by izze »

SysKill wrote:
SysKill wrote:I guess I bring it back to the shop and buy another one... Far too many problems with this Kit.
Meanwhile i localized IC25 definitely as the causer of the heat issue. I removed it and everything works fine. So I can go on with the rest of the build (thanks guest). Special thanks to SubStyler! He helped me a lot!

Meanwhile Mode Machines wrote, that it could be, that my skills are too low for a project like this. :? They might be right, but I will make this damn machine run. :wink:
Why must i laugh that Mode Machines said that ?! :lol:

Keep your head up bro! You can definitely do it!!! It will run like a bliss :D

altitude

Post by altitude »

Seriously, i cant believe they told u that

mmm

Post by mmm »

Altitude wrote:Seriously, i cant believe they told u that
Of course "they" (read: myself) didn't tell him that. Here's the relevant excerpt from my mail (which of course was way longer):
Du hast Dich ja selbst im Forum als "absolute beginner" bezeichnet. Es dürfte klar sein, dass ein Kit von der Komplexität der xoxbox nun eben nicht für "Anfänger" gedacht und geeignet ist - insbesondere, wenn die Dinge nicht so funktionieren, wie man es sich vorstellt. Da muss man dann schon einen Schaltplan lesen und zumindest in Grundzügen dem Signalfluss folgen können. Wenn Du das nicht kannst, ist so ein Kit definitiv nicht das richtige für Dich.
For those not familiar with the german language:
You've characterized yourself as "absolute beginner" in the forum. It should be clear that a kit as complex as the xoxbox wasn't created for "beginners" and isn't suitable for them - especially if things don't function as intended. Then one should better be capable of reading a schematic and following the signal flow. If you can't do that this type of kit definitely isn't for you.
And of course I had also offered to take care of the IOboard issue.

SysKill

Post by SysKill »

I still can't believe, that you dared to write something like that to me, after all the problems I had, which were caused by the minor quality of your kit. After solving different issues, I could work for exactly half an hour on my x0xb0x today, just to see, that you put a 15k resistor into the bag for R138. That wouldn't be big deal, I can go tomorrow to the shop and buy a 68k, but in your Kit are far too many problems like that. And you are talking about skills... That's the kind of support everybody needs, I guess...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”