Hand slipped busted something! :-(

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mmm

Re: Hand slipped busted something! :-(

Post by mmm »

maclean wrote: Do you think I should be putting the black probe somewhere else? I must admit I'm not really sure but if you have advice on the best place to use I will certainly follow. I have not even put J3 together yet and have so far only got J4.
No, the heatsink hole (or in general the metal part) of the 7805 should be ok at this moment. You can always check if this is a "good" ground by measuring the voltages on J4.
maclean wrote: I checked how many SC536s I have left compared to how many I need to finish the kit and I have been sent one extra in my kit!! So I soldered the extra one in and measured the middle pin and am now getting 11.7v... That's gota be a step forward eh?! :D
Definitely. However "a step forward" sounds to me as if something else is still not working? You're not getting any sound yet when applying the appr. 5.3v to the correct side of R146?

maclean

Post by maclean »

Hey I think I'm back on track!!! I didn't try anything as I didn't want to rush ahead without seeing what you said first!

Powered it up put the headphones on, touched the bottom of r146 with my 5.33v clip and Im getting what sounds like a 303 pluck!!! :D :D

I guess I can assume that nothing else is fried, The pots are all effecting the sound as I be;live they should!

I can't thank you enough for getting me to this point!!!!

mmm

Post by mmm »

Sounds like you're on the right track now!

Good luck with the rest of the build - and remember to doublecheck everything! And feel free to ask if any other question comes up.

maclean

Post by maclean »

Hey MMM I finished my xoxbox today... Put the cover on etc and with a large sigh of relief the sequencer section worked fine and had it spitting out acid all this morning....

Many thanks for helping me out when I needed it MMM.

Cheers

substyler

Post by substyler »

good job! both of you... maclean and MMM!

mmm

Post by mmm »

maclean wrote:Hey MMM I finished my xoxbox today... Put the cover on etc and with a large sigh of relief the sequencer section worked fine and had it spitting out acid all this morning....
Very cool. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”