Help:Leds working, but only clicks and pops out

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tomikobe2002

Help:Leds working, but only clicks and pops out

Post by tomikobe2002 »

Hello,

I just finished building a chipforbrains xox basstime . I can program patterns and random play also runs, leds light up and everything but no sound output almost at all. When i plug in headphones i get only clicks and pops, but in the background very low i hear somewhat synthesis that should be out. Same thing I get when pluging to mix out, only the clicks and pops and the sound in the background becomes a bit clearer.Tempo knob adjusts clicks and pops faster but no real output. What should i check for in this case, any of you guys had this problem after building ? P.S. I have AC voltage applied at 9v 500mA, so this is excluded from the problemsolving i guess.

antto

Re: Help:Leds working, but only clicks and pops out

Post by antto »

it sounds like the VCA is amplifying silence (with a small amount of DC which makes the pops and clicks)
or, if those pops and clicks are affected by the cutoff/resonance/envelope controls - then the filter is working and the issue could be in the vco (stuck on a very low frequency)

open the x0x, attach headphone probes (or oscilloscope if you have one) at the waveform switch, see if you can hear sawtooth or square

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”