MIXOUT is very low volume, PHONE out volume is normal, please help

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
profête

Re: MIXOUT is very low volume, PHONE out volume is normal, please help

Post by profête »

resistance between ground and pin 3 and 5 = 8,3 ohms

thank again

mmm

Post by mmm »

ProFête wrote:resistance between ground and pin 3 and 5 = 8,3 ohms
This is too high. But since this is still a very small resistance we need to find out how reliable your multimeter is (could be just a measuring problem).

Please measure the resistance between pin 3 and 5 of IC15B. Also please measure the resistance between the middle pins of J4 and J7 and between the middle pins of J5 and J7.

profête

Post by profête »

resitance between pin 3 and 5 of IC15B = 0 ohm ( i have tried to invert red and black lead of the multimeter)

resistance between middle pin of J4 and J5 = 9,7 ohm

resistance between middle pin of J5 and J7 = 9,6 ohm

(my multimeter have autorange)

thank

mmm

Post by mmm »

Clearly the various ground points are not properly connected.

I'm not home this week and hence can't help much here. You'd practically have to trace the ground connection from the ground pin of the power supply connector to the various other ground points on the mainboard. For a more precise diagnosis I would have to have my own mainboard at hand.

profête

Post by profête »

ok i understand, so let's see later

do you think i can trace the ground connexion myself? is there a map somewhere of the ground path?

mmm

Post by mmm »

ProFête wrote:ok i understand, so let's see later

do you think i can trace the ground connexion myself? is there a map somewhere of the ground path?
You'd need a good high-resolution picture of both sides of the PCB and then you'd need to figure out the ground path from this.

profête

Re: MIXOUT is very low volume, PHONE out volume is normal, p

Post by profête »

antto wrote:the PHONES output would certainly be louder because it needs to power headphones
maybe this is normal, i can't say (can't test it myself right now)
i had another normal xoxbox from http://www.willzyx.com without any mod, and yes i can ear the mixout volume is lower than the phone volume out!

but the on the xoxbox with atomicsmod2 the difference really is higher (i will make a sample), finaly maybe it's normal ? anyone have a atomicsmod2 to compare?

also, about a possible ground points not properly connected, maybe these voltages are correct for a atomicmods2 ? or definitly not?

thank

profête

Post by profête »

i have now more problems appear

when i got it sometime the run button wont work, but now he just work the first time i power on, then he never work again until i power off and power on again the xoxbox

also in patern play mode i can play note for 5 seconds at normal volume then sound become very low :cry:

and also some strange led activity

i have tried to flash the firmware with succes with BANNED, i tryed sokkos and the original firware 1.05, but i still have these problems

i really think about hadware problem :( ... i have the eagle software with the map of the pcb with voltage but i can't see, or i don't understand how to follow the ground path

diplowave

Post by diplowave »

I think it is normal that the volume is low because these kits are crappy. It's really not serious work, the person selling it does anything. :( Besides a x0xb0x with this kit hasen't got the sound of a real x0xb0x. :?

profête

Post by profête »

how can i follow the ground path please ?

i have found high resolution pics of the pcb, also i have the eagle softaware with pcb files, but i don't see the ground path, i do'nt know how to follow it

thank

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”