sequencer problem!

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mattittam

sequencer problem!

Post by mattittam »

dear x0xers!

i finished building my x0xsh0p x0xb0x yesterday. all the testings in the power supply, vco, vcf, envelope were good! when i turn on the x0x all leds light up and it plays a low saw wave all the time its powered without pressing anything. after some seconds only the tempo led blinks and 2 other leds light. when i change the position of the selection knob sometimes other leds ligt up but it still plays the saw. so i figure the problem is in the digital section. am i right?

i checked if the 5v from the i/o board get to the digital section and they do!

when i measure ic3 i get 5V on pin 40 and 9. on pin 18 and 19 i only measure 0,15v. this is not enough right?

so does this problem sound familiar to anyone of you? or does somebody have a clue what it could be? what else can i measure to figure out the problem?

hope you ca help me! :)

mmm

Re: sequencer problem!

Post by mmm »

It's difficult to say what the problem might be.

Pin 18 and 19 get the clock signal; this is a very weak signal.

Does the tempo LED blink if the xoxbox is in the right mode? Is the bank select switch working?

mattittam

Re: sequencer problem!

Post by mattittam »

thanks for answering! the tempo led blinks always in the same tempo, when i turn the tempo poti it doesnt affect it. this i don't know i get no decent signal out of my x0x. in the lower keyboard row c,d,e,f,g... i get a signal but it doesnt sound at all like it should sound. in the upper row c#,d#,e#,... the buttons do nothing and the leds are not blinking, no signal. its a very faint high frequency beep kind of.. i think my signal gets lost somewhere after the vcf. when i check the signal on the most east pin of the reso poti i get a loud signal, but after this it disappears somehow. how can i check where i lose the signal? just putting the headphones on different pins, ground to ground and check if theres a signal? is this the way to do it?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”