repair service?

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MJSemtex

repair service?

Post by MJSemtex »

anyone know of a possible repair source to remedy the problems i'm having with my x0xb0x?

i'm in the nyc-metro area and was half-considering checking with a few places in nyc that i know do instrument repair to see if they'd check it out for me... beginning to think it's a bit out of my league.

but, then again i'm not sure that they'll want to bother with something that they don't really have service manuals, etc. for...

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

you might try that guy that is offering to build them for $150...he might "fix" it for 150 too.

:?:

MJSemtex

Post by MJSemtex »

the difference being someone who has a genuine business as a repair service... and someone i don't know.

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

well at least it would be someone with experience working on multiple x0xboxs, which will not be true of any other normal service people, unless limor has been training authorized x0xrepairpe0ple. My analog synth repairman is in Vancouver BC, but he's the best I've ever found. Arc Electronics 604-323-0990, he works on 303s, so maybe?

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

I sent the $150 d00d an email already, asking if he'd do repairs. I haven't heard back, so stay tuned.

djarago

Post by djarago »

Is that $150 d00d doing repairs then? Has anyone tried contacting ladyada about repairs?

creekree

Post by creekree »

as the website states:

"There is absolutely ZERO tech support with this project. We cant guarantee any response to requests for help. Sorry, but theres just not enough time in the day for individualized support."

i suggest not bothering her with repair questions. remember, you bought a kit, its up to you to make it work.

djarago

Post by djarago »

I read the website. I understood that to mean that zero tech support comes with the purchase of the project. Leaving open the possibility of a paid repair service.

MJSemtex

Post by MJSemtex »

i was never asking for limor to repair it... looking for a synth tech to look it over... where i will PAY for the service.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”