MCU not outputting gate

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

djarago-

Did reflashing the firmware fix this problem or was it something else? I seem to be having the same problem.

-jason

djarago

Post by djarago »

I haven't had time to touch the thing since Jonnay provided the javacomm for windows, so I don't know if that is the problem. I do have one of the bad BA6110 (received the replacement) so perhaps somehow it was causing a problem with the gate (and did't damage my MCU). I hope to work on my x0xb0x tomorrow.

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I had a bad one too, but have replaced it with a "good" one. I'll flash my firmware when I get home tonight and let you know if it fixes the problem...but I kinda doubt that's it...

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I flashed the micro....it didn't help....
:roll: maybe we both got bad micros???

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

so, there is a chance that the micros are bad...but its a bit wierd/unlikely that just one pin is malfunctioning even though everything else is OK. you can try ordering a replacement micro and see if that helps...

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

If I ordered a new micro does it have a bootloader flashed onto it in the factory or do I need to buy a chip burner to program it with the bootloader?

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

If you ordered a new micro from Adafruit industries, then it has the firmware pre-flashed.

However, if you just grabbed an ATMega from some electronics place, you'll need a chip programmer of some sort.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”