Assembler offering services!

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
briar_electrics

Assembler offering services!

Post by briar_electrics »

I'm finishing up x0x 173 (Coolcolj's). It's been a smooth build so I thought I'd offer to build more. I saw in a thread some guys talking about the cost for a good tech to assemble being like $200 or more and that seemed stupid so I'll do it for a flat $100 plus $10 per mod including extra parts.

I threw together a geocities website with more info- maybe too much info;)

www.geocities.com/briar_electrics

or you can email me [email protected]

Post by Guest »

$100 for a days work? And you are happy with that? That is low pay, why not just be a paperboy instead LOL

briar_electrics

:) For about 10-12 hours of work it's not bad at all! I enjoy assembling and have lots of time to do it. A guy charging $20 an hour or more has better things to do imho- I'm just a poor college student!

Post by Guest »

Fair enough, but $10 per hour is an unskilled rate of pay.

briar_electrics

you sayin I don't got skillz?

Nobody wants to pay $200+ for fab on a $300 kit.

This is a strange argument- backwards, eh?

justmcg

Post by justmcg »

What about the cost of a 'repair service?' I just finished building my x0xb0x and have that pad 6110 chip and also when i powered it on NOTHING happened, no lights or anything. I was very careful in putting it together but just don't think i want to work on it any longer.

Post by Guest »

Got your email, just replied

djarago

Post by djarago »

Turns out I have one of the bad BA6110s, but assuming this doesn't fix my x0xb0x. Are you will to do repairs to one that's already assembled and has been looked at over and over and over for wrong parts?

justmcg

Post by justmcg »

what is wrong with yours? Does it not turn on at all? Mine doesn't even light up or anything.

djarago

Post by djarago »

I get lights and everything, I also get sound at the VCO and VCF, but no gate signal and no sound past the VCF.

Additionally my # keys don't light when I press them unless I hold down chain or one of those buttons while pressing them.

Fallenstar

Post by Fallenstar »

I can get the # keys to light if I play a random pattern like in pattern edit mode by hitting r/s then chain. The lights work, but the keys are dead. I also can hear that all the knobs besides the volume work, by listening in with headphones are the resonance pot with it grounded. I have checked all transistors and they are oriented correctly. I can get a midi clock signal off of mine too. I am hoping that the defective part is the culprit here. I am also very anxious to get making music with the x0xb0x.

crazylarry

Post by crazylarry »

im in the same boat. random mode works, and i can hear everyhting while its playing, but nothing out of the mains. that chip better fix it, or im stumped. also, for your computer to recagnize the usb, do you need to have it in computer controlled mode? i plug in teh usb and nothing happens. im on a mac.

L-

briar_electrics

The LED/key problems might be a TTL issue or backwards switches.

I'll be happy to try repairing anyone's x0xb0x. Sometimes it just takes another pair of eyes to spot a problem. But I'm not that great at troubleshooting and tend to spend too much time doing it- Can't charge multiple hours on a job that should've taken one and I've already got another kit assembly on my plate.

So email me with details and we'll see about it. Sucks spending a ton of time and effort on something to have it work improperly, and I'd really like to help if I can.

~Jack

[email protected]

briar_electrics

sorry, cmos, not TTL;)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”