Mix Out and Midi play questions

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ToFiC

Mix Out and Midi play questions

Post by ToFiC »

1 - Is MIX OUT stereo or mono output? When i listen to phone out i have signal on my two speakers but on mix out i've only one channel.

2 - In Midi play mode when i select "1" whith rotary encoder the used midi channel is 4, when 2 is select it's 5, etc... Is this Ok?

adafruit

Re: Mix Out and Midi play questions

Post by adafruit »

ToFiC wrote: 2 - In Midi play mode when i select "1" whith rotary encoder the used midi channel is 4, when 2 is select it's 5, etc... Is this Ok?
In MIDI play, the switch is just a rotary switch, the numbers dont correlate. This is so that if you have the switch set to something and you go to midiplay mode it wont automatically change the addr on you without notice.

ToFiC

Post by ToFiC »

Ok, it's good :D Thanks

For MIX OUT, is it normal to have only one channel or should i have stereo? I've been looking at this for a long but don't understand it.

subatomic

Re: Mix Out and Midi play questions

Post by subatomic »

ladyada wrote:
ToFiC wrote: 2 - In Midi play mode when i select "1" whith rotary encoder the used midi channel is 4, when 2 is select it's 5, etc... Is this Ok?
In MIDI play, the switch is just a rotary switch, the numbers dont correlate. This is so that if you have the switch set to something and you go to midiplay mode it wont automatically change the addr on you without notice.
I haven't used it yet, so I'm just guessing at how this works...

but maybe the numbers could correlate, but only after you move the knob once...
that way the knob doesn't set anything if you haven't touched it.

having the number not correlate might be confusing...

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

Mix out and Headphones are both mono signals.

Mix out Is basicly just a Tip/sleve conneciton (on a T/R/S jack), so if you plug a Stereo jack in there, you'll only get one side.

Headphone is a Tip/Ring/Sleve, with Tip and Ring connected to the same source. So you just get mono on both sides.

ToFiC

Post by ToFiC »

Cool :D

Thanks for explanation Jonnay!

So everything is OK on x0x 124 :!:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”