it does not x0x, it merely farts. please help

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jfm3

it does not x0x, it merely farts. please help

Post by jfm3 »

I realize there's no support for x0x. My electronics assembly skils are completely "paint-by-number", I have little actual understanding of what I'm doing. Really, someone should take this soldering iron away from me. But regardless, I'm here with x0x 249 before me. It seems to boot up okay, and all the digital controls do what I would expect. The trouble is it only makes at most a tiny fart, no x0x. I have tried different settings of the trim pots, but to no effect.

Can I run the diagnostic on the power section again with the rest of the unit assembled and attached, without hurting anything?

I looked really carefully for resistors beinding over and shorting, for broken parts, and for misaligned caps, etc.. It''s hard when there's no way to systematically go through each part. Is there a parts list or diagram?

The only test gear I have is a Radio Shack digital multimeter, so a lot of the calibration steps were ... expedited accordingly.

Any ideas appreciated.

If you have a reference or two, and would like some work fixing my x0xb0x for me, I'd be happy to discuss terms.

Thanks!

kokoon

Post by kokoon »

could you describe "a tiny fart" a bit more? maybe in terms of tb-303 - how should the knobs be set (theoretically) in order to produce such sound? maybe tuning is way too low?

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

This happened to me when I first built it... the selector knobs were on backwards. It happened again when I used a different wall wart.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”